He popped the big questions, and your status has just changed from “In a relationship” to “Engaged” – Congratulations! An exciting time of planning lies ahead of you. There’s no doubt you will want the story your wedding day to be told in breathtaking photos – but wait! Before you think of wedding photos give the idea of having an engagement photo shoot a thought.
Here are five reasons why it is a good idea to have photos with your spouse-to-be taken before your big day:
1. You can use the images for your invitation cards and wedding stationery, like programmes, bottle stickers or banners.
2. You get used to being in front of a camera. It’s not an everyday situation, and after a “test run” you will be much more relaxed on your wedding day, when things are usually a bit hectic.
3. You will see how the photographer works, and if you get along well with him/her. He or she is going to be around you all day on your wedding day, and it is important to see that the vibes are good. If you don’t “click” with him or her, it will definitely show in the images. Use the pre-wedding shoot to make sure you and your photographer are a good match.
4. You can see how reliable the photographer is. Is he/she on time for the shoot? Does he/she meet the deadline for delivering the images? Does he or she swiftly respond to questions?
5. You get all these advantages at a really affordable price. The shoot will typically take one or two hours, and the photographer’s rate won’t break the bank. I even offer a pre-wedding shoot free of charge currently, in connection with a booking for wedding photography.
As you see, there are a few good reasons, and I haven’t had a couple yet who regretted having an engagement photo shoot before their wedding. If you want to give it a try, send me a message on my contact page, and we will find a date for your shoot.